Sunday, October 24, 2010

Google SketchUp 8

For everyone that might be happen to not knowing what is SketchUp, it's a good time and to start learn using it!! It's the easiest 3D modelling program for architecture, engineering, game developing, and etc. It contains lots of feature with an easy interface to use. I know it cause I'm using it myself... If you're in a limited time and resources, this is a good one to try. here is some screenshots from my own work as examples. You can find more in Google SketchUp website and their 3D warehouse... Anyway, hope you will love it and enjoy it!!


2D AUTOCAD style



Sketchy Style



Another style...they have lots and I forgot which one is this

Here is the video me and my groupmates did for one of our assignment. The whole video is using Final Cut software but the 3D is using sketchup. Quite basic stuff only for beginner.



For everything above you can see that it is a pretty straight-forward software, do what you want and what you need. Explore it as far as your creativity can!!!

Further guidances and tips can be learned from several place, but it might be worth enough to check their blog to see what they up to... 

No comments:

Post a Comment